This post hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
Eye-teasing motion graphics. Heart-moving music. They are a powerful combination, the two mediums complement one another.
You can post video or motion graphics on VideoHive without audio and customers will appreciate your work. However, video and motion graphics truly come alive when the right music is added.
Which is why more VideoHive authors are choosing to collaborate with AudioJungle authors. They are taking advantage of the amazing professional music already available on AudioJungle to help take their VideoHive projects to the next level.
By collaborating, VidoHive authors can use and promote AudioJungle tracks and AudioJungle authors can in turn promote VideoHive products in their item descriptions and portfolio profiles. These clever authors are marketing and promoting each other’s work. Here’s how you do it!
How Can a VideoHive Author use AudioJungle Music?
- Locate an AudioJungle track that you would like to use. You can use a watermarked file in your preview without seeking permission. Note that you are not allowed to use/redistribute the preview or main AudioJungle file in the main VideoHive file that you are selling. Also note that watermarked previews can only be used within the Envato marketplaces.
- If you want to use an unwatermarked item you will need to purchase a regular license. If you wish to distribute the item, you’ll need to purchase an extended license.
- You can obtain the watermarked AudioJungle file by going to the AudioJungle item page and clicking the download link to download and use the watermarked preview file:
- Credit the AudioJungle author and link to their item in your item description. Something as simple as: “The music is not included with the item. However you can purchase it from AuthorName by going to [link].”
How Can an AudioJungle Author Collaborate with a VideoHive Author?
- Contact a VideoHive author you think could use your audio files. Make them aware that you are keen to collaborate, and let them know you would like to be informed when their items that use your music/audio go live on VideoHive so that you can help promote them.
- When the VideoHive item goes live, promote it on either your profile page or on any of your item pages. Use an image or a photo to grab the viewer’s attention—perhaps a screenshot of the item. This way more people will hear your work via the VideoHive item.
- Not only will the promotion and referral of the VideoHive author’s file help the VideoHive author, it will also expose new audiences to your music. And if the music fits video extremely well, it’s likely to increase sales of your AudioJungle item too!
And that’s it! A very simple, reciprocal process where you can work alongside a fellow author to maximize exposure for your work and portfolio.
Rules to Remember
Just to reiterate, here are the basic rules that should always be followed. They apply whether it’s a VideoHive author using an AudioJungle Author’s music, a WordPress template on ThemeForest using a VideoHive video preview, or an ActiveDen Flash template using music from AudioJungle.
- You don’t need to get permission from the author to use a watermarked preview, though you might like to let them know you’re using their file.
- Only include the watermarked preview.
- Only include it in the preview, not the main download.
- Link to the file in your description.
- State clearly that the file itself is not included in the main download.
Are You a Jack of All Trades?
But wait, there’s more!
If you are a “jack of all trades”, and you are creative and skilled enough to be able to produce music and your own motion graphics/videos, then you can “double dip“.
- Use your own AudioJungle music in your own VideoHive items.
- Cross promote your VideoHive items via your AudioJungle items that you use in your videos!
Here’s an author called Musicant who does just this!
Some Great Collaboration Examples
Here are some great examples of how AudioJungle and VideoHive authors are already working together to promote one another’s work.
Ex7Reme and TimMcMorris
_Terry and Ron Passarro
Yocreative and Musicant
Tginho and Beathebeat
If you are not already using collaboration techniques across the marketplaces to expose your work to the world, there’s no time to lose! Partner-up with one or more authors and start showing the world some of your hidden treasures in your portfolio!
Let us know in the comments if you’ve collaborated with another author from a different marketplace or if you’ve just read this article and are about to start a beautiful working relationship with a fellow marketplace member. We’d love to hear from you as always!